Saturday, March 14, 2009

Long Time No Blog

Six months is a long time between posts. All is well here, we've just been busy and, honestly, I was suffering from a lack of inspiration to blog. The lack of inspiration is most likely due to the lack of a full nights sleep since the Nugget was born -- not that I'm complaining. I just forgot about all that sleep loss when you have a baby. A few times I've said, "I should blog about that", but mostly I've just thought I should blog and then stared at the screen with nothing happening.

It is a chilly, rainy March Saturday and the Nugget has finally started to crawl which means he has transformed from chronic FussBucket over his frustration with his lack of mobility to Mr. Happy Baby overnight. The change in his disposition has been remarkable now that he is master of his locomotion. This also means he is not constantly demanding to be picked up and taken to his next desired location. This means I am suddenly finding myself with free arms and free time.

So here's a funny recently provided by SonicBoom5 who is now SonicBoom6. For her birthday she asked for a doctor's kit. In the kit, was a clipboard with a pad of paper for filling out patient information. Most of us have had the flu over the past two weeks and she has been doctoring us. She usually fills out the patient profile by asking us for our names, age, etc. One day I was picking up pieces to the kit, when I glanced at the clipboard. I had not realized that one of the lines to be filled in on the patient profile was "Sex". As I looked through all of the sheets, I noticed she had placed a number in the "Sex" blank. Politician10 had a 0. Lashes8 had a 0. Everybody had a 0 except for me. That blank on mine had a 3. She happened into the room and starting looking at them with me. We started talking about them and I asked her a few questions including what the numbers meant. She said, "You know the number of times you have had sex. Once for Noodle, once for Lashes, and once for The Nugget."

2 comments:

naturalmom said...

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! Did you manage to keep from laughing?

Welcome back!

Just Me said...

It was hard to not laugh. Hopefully it wasn't too obvious that I was amused. Once she explained it, it was so obvious what her thought process was. It wasn't what I was expecting her to say though.