Sunday, July 27, 2008

Only the Names Have Changed

Over the course of the last two years, the fascination/obsession with Little House on the Prairie has run its course for most of the nestlings.  As a result the Little House character names that the nestlings had chosen for themselves and the title, "Little House on the Sandhills",  of my original blog were beginning to feel like they did not fit anymore.  Hence, it is time for a change. So welcome to the new blog of "us".  We're the same folks plus one with the addition of 15 lbs. (at the time of this writing) of Baby McDreamy.   He recently completed our family resulting in an even half dozen of smallish folks who call me momma.  The blog has a new look and we've got new names, but other than that we're still the "same old, same old".  For those of you (yeah, that's right I'm talking to all two of you) who followed "Little House on the Sandhills" with any regularity I will, for no additional fee, provide you with a cross-referenced guide that should ease your transition from "LHOS" to "An Even Half Dozen" so that you will know who the heck is saying and doing what to whom.  So without any further delay meet the new old folks:

Mr. Edwards is now Noodle11.  Noodle is a nickname that was bestowed upon him shortly after his birth.  He often resembled a wet limp noodle after nursing.  Noodle has continued to fit him through the years now mainly due to the gray matter that resides inside that head of his.   11 represents his current age.

Mr. Garvey is now Politician9.  Politician because he is always composed and confident.  He can work a room like nobody's business.  The 9 is because well he is currently 9.

Mr. Laura is now Lashes7.  Thanks to some incredible genes on his father's side of the family, he has the longest, thickest eyelashes ever seen on any living creature except for possibly his cousin K. who is also blessed in the eyelash department from the same gene pool.  I guess by now you know what the 7 is for.

Mary is now Collector7.  Collector because she likes to keep collections of things.  These collections range from typical to quite bizarre such as fingernail clippings and pepperoni from her pizza.  I did veto the pepperoni collection.  The dogs were very much in favor of this.

Miss Almanzo is now SonicBoom5.  Politician9 bestowed this nickname upon his sister due to the amazing volume she can get out of such a compact, tiny body.  She is no shrinking violet that is for sure.  You know when she is in the house, unfortunately so do the neighbors up and down the street.

Pa will now be Farmer or Daddy or Geek or Mr. Fix-it or The Greek or some such appropriate label.  His age shall remain undisclosed because it depresses him.  Actually depresses is too strong of a word.   Mentally he just hasn't kept up with all of the years he is piling on.  When he hears his current age, he always thinks that someone has accidentally reversed the digits.  This will only be a problem for one more year.  After that, there will be a year where reversing the digits has no effect and after that he will be glad to be his current age rather than the age if the digits are reversed.  That is until he hits the big Five-OH then reversing the digits looks good again for awhile.

And finally there is the newest cast member, now with us for just under 2 months.  He shall be known as Nugget or Baby A or Baby McDreamy or on rare occasions FussBucket.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I one of the two? Because I read every post you write.

I actually really like the new nicknames. I couldn't keep track of who was who before... the numbers are especially helpful.

Thanks for the updates! I do read even if I rarely post.

Just Me said...

Hey Ms. Four,

I hope you are enjoying being stateside. Ditto here on your blog. I do read all of your posts even though I rarely comment. As a matter of fact I just came from your blog.

Thanks for your comment about the nicknames. I was hoping it would make it easier for folks to follow.

Kimberly

ShaDan JeM said...

Only I am not sure about Collector7. Seems to "calm" for her. Dustdevil7...Electron7...something to contain all of her energy.

And here is comment number 2 :-)
-D

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Does this mean I'm 3? :)

I know I'm new here, but I'm assuming Lashes7 and Collector7 are twins? Them being the same age and all.

And thank you so much for adding Nanny Goats In Panties to your blog roll!

Also, I love your banner.

Margaret

Just Me said...

Hi NGIP,

I absolutely LOVE your humor and writing, oh and the name of your blog. Thanks for stopping by.

You can be 3? if it is to your advantage. I am currently 2? myself.

One would think that Lashes7 and Collector7 are twins but alas they are not. One was born 45 days before the other -- one in the US and one in Ethiopia. We adopted Politician9, Collector7, and SonicBoom5 from Ethiopia a couple of years ago.

Kimberly