Monday, July 28, 2008

Warning This Post May Cause Drowsiness

First off, this post would be much better with pictures.  Unfortunately the camera died a few weeks ago, which is why you have not been inundated with countless pictures of Baby McDreamy.  Never fear though, I should have my new camera by the end of the week at which time the innundation can begin.  Actually, the Nugget could be graduating from college by the time I figure out how to take the pictures and get them stored on my computer so I can share them here.

Now back to the original intent of this post.  Over the last 24 hours a strange phenomenom has occurred in our living room.  It all began yesterday as I nursed the Nugget on the couch.  He of course became drunk and woozie and drowsy and promptly fell asleep.  This is all pretty typical behavior for a breastfed baby.   I have read that breastmilk contains hormones/chemicals/ingredients/something that induces relaxation and sleep in the feeding half of the duo.  It magically turns FussBucket into Baby McDreamy in about 5 minutes.  I love this trick.  

Now for the "strange" part...

Yesterday Lashes7  came in as the Nugget fell asleep.  Evidently the above mentioned hormones/chemicals/ingedients/something can be breathed out by the Nugget and breathed in by others in close proximity.  Lashes7 was the first to fall victim to this colorless odorless gas exhaled by the Nugget.  Next thing I knew Lashes7 was asleep at the other end of the sofa.

[Insert picture of a sleeping Lashes7 if camera was working]

At the time I thought nothing of it.  However later in the day the same scenario occurred only Politician9 was the Nugget's victim.

[Insert picture of a sleeping Politician9 if I had a working camera]

This morning SonicBoom5 fell prey to the Nugget's sleep inducing powers.

[Insert picture of a sleeping SonicBoom5 if I had a working camera]

Now as if the impossibility and unlikelihood of three smallish people falling asleep in the middle of the day of their own volition is not enough to convince you that something is in the air, perhaps what I am about to type will convince you.

At this very moment, the Nugget is asleep in my lap.  At the other end of the sofa is The Greek fast asleep and across the room in an oversized chair is Collector7 fast asleep in a most uncomfortable looking position.  I think her neck is going to hurt when she wakes up.

[Insert pictures of a sleeping Greek and Collector7 if I had a working camera]

So far Noodle11 and myself are the only ones yet to fall victim to the Nugget's incredible        

{yawn}

 s l e e p                  

{YYYAAAWWWNNN}   

i n d u c i n g           

{YYYYAAAAWWWWNNNN}


p o w e r s.   

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3 comments:

naturalmom said...

Um, are you sure you don't have a carbon monoxide leak? lol, I guess you wouldn't be around to post this if that were it. What a funny thing!

Anyhoo, I found your new spot. Glad you're not disappearing on me. :o) (Though, believe me, I'd understand if you did for a while, with all those kiddos and a baby...)

Stephanie

Just Me said...

Hi Stephanie,

Glad you found me over here at the new spot.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Is the camera working yet?

Bless u!

Maritza