Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So Far....

Lashes7: Daddy, you know what?

The Greek: What?

Lashes7: Crud is my favorite word so far.



The sibs can testify to this. Lashes7 is almost giddy when something doesn't go his way because he gets to say "crud".
*********************************************************************************

I am reminded of a conversation with Lashes7 from a few months ago.

Lashes 7: Momma, how many bad words are there?

Me: I don't really know. It more depends on "how" words are used. For example, the word "butt" could be used to talk about a body part or it could be used as a mean name for someone.

Lashes7: I know what the five worst words are.

Me (a bit hesitant, but curious): What are they?

Lashes7: Well,I don't want to say them but they start with d, s, f, c, and a.

Me: (now really concerned as to what the "f" word and the "c" word might be). What is the word that starts with "s"?

Lashes7: Stupid.

Me (a bit relieved): What about the word that starts with "c"?

Lashes7: Crap.

Me (more relieved): What about the word that starts with "f"?

Lashes7: Fudge.

Me (confused): Fudge?

Lashes7: Well it isn't really fudge, but I don't know what the real word is.

Me: What do you mean?

Lashes7: Remember Ralphie in that movie "A Christmas Story" says it. Only he says that he didn't really say "fudge" that he really said something else. I just don't know what he really said.

Me (changing the subject): Who wants to make cookies when we get home?

************************************************************************************
The words starting with "a" and "d" were what you might expect. I guess I can live with an almost eight year old thinking the five worst words are ass, damn, stupid, crap, and fudge - so far that is....

2 comments:

naturalmom said...

Funny! I like "crud" too. ;o)

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

O no! Yes that can be heartstopping! But it sound like you are having fun! LOL

Nice to read your blog. I love reading peoples blog that is not perfect but has human in it.

Thank you & will come back soon.

Maritza (24)