Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lashes9 with a Question for the Plumber

Not too long ago The Greek was fixing a plumbing leak under the kitchen sink. It was taking longer than he expected because some something or other would not come loose. At some point he rolled up a rug from the kitchen floor and placed it at the edge of the open cabinet so as to cushion his back from the hard edge of the cabinet bottom while he worked. Here is a snippet of the conversation I overheard between The Greek and Lashes9.

Lashes9: What are you doing daddy?

The Greek: Fixing a leak under the sink.

Lashes9:
What is that rug for?

The Greek: It is so that I have something soft to lie on while I work.

Lashes9 (referencing the rolled up rug): How come you aren't taking it like a man?

The Greek laughs his laugh that I love. The one where someone's reply is funny but so different from where he thought the conversation was going that his laughter escapes from his body before I think he is even aware that he is laughing. As for Lashes9, he is a constant source of amusement. I honestly don't know where he comes up with half the things he says, but I do so enjoy his take on things.